WHAT IS DUCTLESS HEATING AND COOLING?
Ductless systems use a heat pump to provide heating and cooling in your home. It transmits warm or hot air using a refrigerant line that connects the outdoor condenser to the indoor air handler. It’s possible to connect five indoor units to one outdoor unit outside creating multiple rooms or “zones” that can be independently controlled.
Most HVAC systems work through a pulling and pushing air through a series of ducts. For older homes that don’t have duct work or for newer homes with damaged ductwork, it may be cost prohibitive to add it. Ductless mini-split HVAC systems solve this problem
Though less expensive, ductless heating and cooling systems are still a significant investment in your home but homeowners save money because they are easier to install.
Here are some of the benefits of ductless mini-split systems:
- More efficient heating and cooling
- Better air quality
- More durability
- Lower installation costs
- Lower repair costs
Call Fresh Air HVAC to learn more about ductless mini-split units in the Hueytown AL area
Some common reasons why many homeowners choose a ductless heating and cooling system for their Hueytown home.
- Recently added a basement or apartment to their home
- Current heating and cooling system is not efficient and power bills are going up
- They have outdated window units
- Live in or recently purchased an older home without duct work
- Want greater climate control in specific rooms or floors of their home